I love fresh flowers...whether they are in a field, or in a vase - they always bring a smile to my face. Recently I've been buying a bunch about once a week for my mom, but this can get expensive! Luckily I've discovered this road-side stand that's on RT.9, inbetween my house and Ocean City. A bunch of flowers is only $2!! They always have fresh sunflowers as well as some other cute, colorful kind. So I have been buying atleast 3 bundles every time that I drive past.
I was running errands all over the place today, and since last weeks flowers were fading I picked up a few bundles to add some love and cheer to the house. Then when I got home I was greeted by one of Julia's "Care Packages" from Seattle. Julisa is the best -- whenever I'm having a rough time, or even when I'm not for that matter, Julia ships off random mixes of randomness that really make your day. In today's Busted Knee Care Package were the following needed for a speedy recovery:
- one bag of wheat berries
- one bag of fava beans
- container of imported salted capers from italy
- organic lemon and maple green tea
- organic vanilla & sweet orange facial mist
- organic "love + toast" gin blossom hand creme
- DELICIOUS biscotti's from Columbia City Bakery in Seattle (my fave!)
- 4 magazines: la Cucina Italiana, Urban Farm, Lucky and OUI french wedding magazine
- and a very beautiful card, with some very beautiful sentiments written inside....