not all who wander are lost.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Cajun Catfish

MMMMMMM So delicious. I want to eat it AGAIN. Yesterday Dad had a long infusion: Avastin and Chemo, as well as meeting with Dr.Lehrman. He was in the chair for a while so Mom and I decided to head to Trader Joe's for some goodies. Before we went shopping though we stopped for lunch @ Redwood. We've been here before with my Grandparents for lunch, and it's delicious. I got their special: Catfish Sandwich! I had the catfish cooked cajun style. It was served on a roll with thinly shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion and the most perfect pickles - they were borderline between still being a cucumber and almost becoming a pickle. The lemon was grilled so it was super juicy, and it was served with some of the best tartar sauce I've ever had out at a restaurant. To complete the plate was shoestring french fries...my favorite. I literally cleaned every speck of food off my plate. So delicious.
Mom got the smoked salmon appetizer, which is huge!! She gets this everytime she comes, and I will agree...it's amazing. Egg, capers, red onion, a huge piece of smoked salmon, delightfully thin and satisfying crackers and a spicy mayonnaise. MMMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment