not all who wander are lost.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Saturday Semi-Sunny Surf Sess

Today is Saturday. The sun FINALLY decide to shine on down, and the surf's not too bad either. In Costa Rica I highly doubt that I'd set an alarm, pound some coffee and rush to paddle out for chest high surf...but I'm back in Jersey, and now I am happily doing it while putting on a 5'4', 7mil booties and gloves, oh, and a hood. Bah. It's weird, there is certainly something about Jersey surf. It's a magical place for sure.

Well, heading out now, so gotta make it short. But I'll end with something to make you laugh:

Since I've arrived back home from Costa, I wake every morning and my first thought is that I need to put sunscreen on my face. When I go to the bathroom, I look around for a trash can to throw my toilet paper in...until I realize that I'm allowed to flush the tp here. Every time that I walk outside I am STILL taken back by the icy cold air, and I still have not gotten back into the routine of driving a car (3 months without wheels...I feel like I have my learner's permit again). Maybe I'll get down to the beach, see the surf, and think "Damn, it's too cold to surf these small waves" and then come home to buy a return ticket to Costa...but I doubt that will happen.



Pura Vida Everybody. Wherever you are, in the ice-cold northeast or tropical paradise, I hope that you are catching some peelers.

Fall Surf in Jersey, 3'2 + Booties
Photo by the oh-so-talented-and-amazing Rob Kulisek

Dominical, Costa Rica.
Water 83 degrees, Air 95 degrees

3 comments:

  1. crazy! today is definitely FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. buy that ticket already!! the waves are waiting on you down here. glad to hear that your catching some waves up there, even know the water is butt ass cold.
    adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, thats right..its friday. bah...thats my other problem...im still on tico time.

    ReplyDelete