not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

bah blog catchup....

next morning (march 4th) bill, franklin and i go surfing at 8am. mmm still hurting pretty bad but the point is uncrowded and the waves are clean. we foolow up the surf session with a trip to soda nanyoa, obviously! i opted out of eating, but did have the following: water (lots of it), pina leche, cafe con leche, and orange juice. mmm hydration. the rest of the day-after-my-22nd-birthday was filled with naps, reading, naps and frequent dips in john and marys pool.that evening john, mary, bill and I headed to jeff and kris and callens´house for callen and my birthday dinner. we ate salad, grilled chicken and homemade mac and cheese. we drank CHAMPAGNE!! for dessert was brownies, cherry pie and moraberry pie all homemade by kris, as well as some fantastic chocolate covered strawberries made by mary. mmmm. wonderful from start to finish. cass - a friend of kris whom has become a friend of mine, made callen and i earch a le´i from fresh plumeria she picked from her garden. john and mary gave me a gorgeous turqouise bracelet and my parents left me cash...my FAVORITE!! by 9pm, bill was asleep at the table, so we said our goodbyes so that i could put bill to bed.

march 5th: we wake up and surf the point - just bill and i. there are fish EVERYWHERE out there, as big as my 9 foot board, and im definitely a bit freaked -- resting my legs and arms atop my board. the rest of my day is spent with reading, naps and yoga - which now brings me to kris and drinking wine and sitting in the hammock, reminiscing over the past two days....


MARCH 6th:
I have 16 days left in my paradise. SIXTEEN DAYS!!!!!! BAH! This truly is not long enough but atleast it will be getting warmer in jersey. ill be returning to scraple, vietnamese food, the community center, my friends and my family. i have new motivation to work nonstop this summer - allowing me atleast 6 months here next year. as for my days left...tomorrow will be my last day in dominical. party at john and marys in the afternoon and a reggae concert in quepos at night. sunday morning legend mike and oz are picking me up and we´re headed to PAVONES for a few days of swell. after that, back to esterillos for a few more days of costa rican bliss!!

March 7th:
why is getting to the internet so difficult?? i manage to get there about every other day, but only for a few minutes at a time, never long enough to type and post a blog. my number one priority next year is to buy a car down here, which means that my number one goal when i get back to the states is to learn how to drive a stick shift. can anybody help me out with that one??

yesterday was a bust. no water at bills house so he spent all day working on the house. i swam in john and marys pool and read. read read read read and read somemore. RISE AND SHINE by anne quindlen. im glad that i had this book, because this day wasnt really on of my highlights in CR. which brings me to the fact that you CANNOT make plans in costa rica. pavones is off. so yesterday i UNPACKED my pavones bag and resettled myself back into bills house. today, im in the back of john and marys car on our way to UVITA for the farmers market. since i WILL be staying in dominical a bit longer, i need to buy some food. i bought homemade asian miso dressing, 3 loaves of FANTASTIC, AUTHENTIC french bread, basil, lettuce, crisp string beans, yummy little tomatoes and goat cheese!! BAH!! ALL OF MY FAVORITE THINGS that you CANNOT get in COSTA RICA!!! It was also half flea market, so I bought myself some books! woohooo for books: david sedaris, dress your family in cordoruy and denim, tom robbins, fierce invalids home from hot climates, TC BOYLE, the road to wellville and a lonely planet spanish phrasebook -- which callen says is horrible and people would laugh at you in CR if you spoke like that. GREAT...

MARCH 8th:
SO, yesterday john and mary had a huge catered party for all of the ticos involved in building their house. it was super fun and the families had a great time!! finished RISE AND SHINE yesterday, and it was phenomenal. woohoo. i think that david sedaris i will start today. bill and callen went ´rocking hunting´today...still working on bills rock wall out front, i did yoga and ate some of the goodies i got yesterday at the market. i only have one loaf of bread left. ha. my friend ozzie is coming to visit from esterillos to dominical, so that should be great, and the waves will be picking up into the 6 foot range by tomorrow!!! pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment