not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas: Word of the Day: Crazy

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Hey everyone. Wednesday's Word of the Day coming to you today... Thursday - Christmas. The word that I chose today is "crazy", because it is a frequently used word in my vocabulary and I often use it to refer to myself. I also found that I used "crazy" a lot around this holiday --referring to christmas shopping, prepping for travel, family. So I figured that I would do some digging and get you the technical, literal definition -- because if someone ask's you what "Crazy" means, you can't just reply with "cailin"....

cra⋅zy

  
  [krey-zee] 
adjective
1.mentally deranged; demented; insane.
2.senseless; impractical; totally unsound: a crazy scheme.
3.Informalintensely enthusiastic; passionately excited: crazy about baseball.
4.Informalvery enamored or infatuated (usually fol. by about):He was crazy about her.
5.Informalintensely anxious or eager; impatient: I'm crazy to try those new skis.
6.Informalunusual; bizarre; singular: She always wears a crazy hat.
7.Slangwonderful; excellent; perfect: That's crazy, man, crazy.
8.likely to break or fall to pieces.
9.weak, infirm, or sickly.
10.having an unusual, unexpected, or random quality, behavior, result, pattern, etc.: a crazy reel that spins in either direction.
–noun
11.Slangan unpredictable, nonconforming person; oddball: a house full of crazies who wear weird clothes and come in at all hours.
12.the crazies, Slanga sense of extreme unease, nervousness, or panic; extreme jitters: The crew was starting to get the crazies from being cooped up belowdecks for so long.
13.like crazy,
a.Slangwith great enthusiasm or energy; to an extreme:We shopped like crazy and bought all our Christmas gifts in one afternoon.
b.with great speed or recklessness: He drives like crazy once he's out on the highway.
Here are some crazies in my life:
My family (myself included, and my dad in particular)

Chino, our very insane Vizsla

And Sven, my very colorful, eccentric, excitable drumming friend


"Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must live."
(Charles Bukowski)

So go ahead - go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment