not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

R+C Love.

RICEANDCURRYRICEANDCURRYRICEANDCURRY.... I LOVE RICE AND CURRY!!! I've been eating a fair few meals at the Floating Buddhas house and helping him in the kitchen. He trusts me more now because he "trained" me well. I know how he likes everything sliced...(the onions get a diagonal cut for raw sambal, small dice for coconut sambal and a big dice for vegetable curry). I love that everytime I eat here, there is some dish that is not only a new addition to our rice and curry selection, but there's always something that I have never seen, tasted or heard of before. Tonight was the BEST spread yet! We had bed fruit (I love love love this potato-like fruit!!!), coconut sambal, dhal, some crazy horseradishy-type root vegetable, a green herb sambal, pappadams and FISH SAMBAL. Holy good god almighty let me tell you about this fish sambal. It was thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced spicy green pepper (you could use Italian long hots) and cooked fish (any white fish would do. These looked like mini-mackerels. You could even just sub a small can of tuna fish). Season with a touch of salt, some crushed chili pepper and lime. OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod I could have eaten the whole bowl. So tasty. So simple. I love rice and curry!!

-2 medium sized red onions, cut in half, thin half moons
-4 small fish (or) 2 cans tuna (or) 1 medium sized fish ((cooked and meat picked off))
-2 long hots (any long, spicy, green pepper)
-salt, red pepper flakes
-juice of 1 lime, more to taste

*Use your hands to mix it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment