not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hari Om, Haridas.

"Teacher
My teacher
I bow to you
With
Folded hands".

It takes a while to find your teacher, but when you did find them, you just know. And so it was with Haridas. I had taken a few classes here in Varkala, with "well-known" teachers and "the best", but I knew that there was something out there that was a better fit for me. Haridas teaches in a no-muss, no-fuss, quasi-basement "studio" in the Hotel Green Palace. It reminds me a lot of the sterile, random space where my beloved teacher Surinder Singh teaches in Rishikesh. There were only four of us, and damn- we were the luckiest, happiest four people in all of southern India. Haridas teaches a Sivananda style Hatha class, and he gives some badass adjustments and assists (which I will definitely be sharing with all of you students of mine!). I practice two hours in the morning and two in the evening. It takes more than a half hour to walk to his class, so there's 2 hours of walking too, which is a nice physical and mental warm up for my practice. I start my 500hour training on Saturday, but I feel like my training has already begun! Hari Om, Haridas!

No comments:

Post a Comment