not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Care Packages in Ceylon....

Fredrik made me the sweetest "care package" for me, that still moves me to tears of happiness and gratitude. He decorated a bottle with local flowers and foliage and in the care package were incredibly thoughtful gifts that were all connected to conversations that we'd had this trip. In my package was:

-a birthday card for me, not to be opened until march 3rd
-a detailed "folding for dummies" guide (inside joke- I made a card for Fredrik looked like it was folded by an inebriated child)
-a bar of wax that was melted a reshaped into a heart with "forever in my heart" engraved in it
-a "go surf" sticker with the reminder to put somewhere I see often (Fredrik often motivated me to surf when I didn't want to...)
-local Sri Lankan Ayurvedic balm
-a candle with the note "you light up my life"
-stickers, markers and scissors for my crafting/card making obsession
-chords for a Swedish song that Fredrik would play for me on guitar, along with a guide to pronouncing certain letters

Such a thoughtful farewell gift from a thoughtful person. I'm so touched :)

No comments:

Post a Comment