not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update on the Updates



Sigh. Ahem, Sob. Ozzie has left.


DISCLAIMER: I'm writing this from Reds' floor, 11:45pm on Wednesday night with a SLIGHT buzz on...so forgive me.

PIG ROAST DINNER: That's a story all it's own. I will be bloggin bout that AFTER this one.

We have been having sooomee kinda fun. Yesterday morning we surfed some super-clean, super-fun waves with some super-wonderful people. Afterwards I made some green eggs, gourmet toasted toast, sliced tomatoes and fresh coffee. Also, Pat walked down to 14th and Bay to Mallon's and picked up some of Mallon's famous STICKY BUNS! We shot the shit, had a music day (major exchange of musica), Ozzie did the dishes, Adam talked about "dirty legs" and then I had to go into work early {ugh, unfortunately}. Made some moolah then met Reds, Adam, Pat and Shawnie @ Shennanigan's for Reggae Night {minus Oz who was at home in his "nerding station"...nerding it away}. We didn't last too long because Shawn and I are lame, and because all of Adam and Pat's crazy nights in NYC were catching up with them. We headed home, and slept in because there were no waves, no fishing - no nada planned for the next day.


Skip to this morning. I slept until 9 AM!!!!!!!! NINE AM. Super late for me. Woke up to a full living room...ozzie nerding, Adam still talking about dirty legs, and Pat trying to figure out her new external harddrive. I made french toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast...MmMmMm. We all knew that it was only a few hours before Ozzie left, so to make it less painful we had a quick goodbye (and quick photo sess...haha) and then Pat and I headed out for Cape May, Shawn and Adam headed for the mechanic -- to finally fix Shawnie's van. UGH. Pat and I had moist eyes all the way to Cape May, but we tried not to dwell on it -- because we both know that Oz will be in our lives for years to come....he'll just be very far away....

While in Cape May, Pat and I made the most of our "ladies day" and bopped and shopped. We picked up some cute nicknacks in town and enjoyed some fantastic coconut ice cream. After that we had lunch on the dock @ the Lobster House. We each had a cup of clam chowder, split a crab cake sandwich, and followed it up with a fantastic miniature key lime pie. I start house-sitting/dog-sitting in Avalon, so on our way home I stopped to pick up the keys, then rushed Pat back to the house in OC, threw on my uniform and jetted for work.

Work has been kinda off lately, partly because of the economy and definitely because of this DAMN rain, this damn-never-ending-always-grey-rain. It's keeping the shoobies away, which may be nice for my time at the beach, and driving around - but it's not good for my wallet. Luckily I've been squeeking by - really chatting it up with my tables and offering the best service possible. Some of the lucky customers to be blessed with my perfect service {ha} were Reds, Shawn, Mom & Dad, Pat and Adam. They had a 7:30 reservation tonight, and they ordered the works.

Now, we are sitting at Reds' house...him and I jamming on guitar, Shawn snoring on the couch next to me, Pat mesmerized by the music and Adam...just being Adam. Gotta get home soon though and rest up for a big day tomorrow: it's SHOW DAY! Can't wait. Pura Vida.


No comments:

Post a Comment