not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

perculatin' my way to perfection.

HOORAY, my NEW Pyrex Percolator!!


SUCCESS!

My New Percolator was a GREAT Success!

This morning I rose from bed like a child on Christmas morning. I ran out to the kitchen, filled my percolator with the called for amount of water/ground coffee. Woohooo, what a sight. I did some research last night, and everyone has a different opinion on how long to let it percolate, how high of a heat, etc. etc., which only makes sense because most people have an individual preference as to how they take their coffee. I opted for starting with a medium heat. As soon as it started to percolate (which by the way is the coolest thing I've witnessed in some time...) I turned the heat down to low, and let it sit and work it's magic for around about 5 minutes - until the coffee was the color and smell that I know and love best. I haven't had a cup of joe this delicious since I was out in Seattle at Julisa & Gordon's house. SO, next time that you are at a yard sale and you see a percolator...pick it up, you won't be disappointed!

Mind you, I had just woken up - 7am. I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet.....


Always looking for a new way to enjoy my favorite beverage, I found this online this morning. This is going to be my next venture.... the Bialetti Mukka Express!


3 comments:

  1. you are a FREAK!! i have officially decided that you need to open a shop in oeste (cabo calettas) and make food, and coffee for all those rich folks..... then you can have good reason to always talk about this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto.

    I've never seen anyone get so excited about coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought i was a coffee fiend...you win.

    ReplyDelete