not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chambord + Champagne



The night started out with an early dinner at my FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN NEW JERSEY: THE DIVING HORSE - and no, I'm not talking about the 'gentlemans club' in AC, I'm talking about the amazing-locally-sourced-and-perfectly-prepared-restaurant in Avalon. I had the Crab Wedge (which has a ton of fresh herbs, the fresh tarragon makes it extra special) and the tuna crudo appetizer (raw tuna, over watermelon sprinkled with some sea salt and served with a chipotle sauce). Epic. As amazing as I remember it. I went every week last year. Unfortunately I can't afford it this year, but I'll still try to make it in every once in a while. Lauren and Nate were our servers, and I felt like I was seeing old friends again. It was great to catch up with them and to hear about their winters. The chef sent out two desserts for our table: a polenta panna cotta with rasperry couli and their 'kit kat'. Amazing. 


After dinner with MariaLena, Kaitlina and Becky - the four of us saw Snow White and the Huntsman (again). We said our goodbyes and then I headed back into avalon for one cocktail with the Blondtourage: Kristy, Lauren and Bridget. It's been foreeeever since I've seen Bridge, so it was great to catch up. We sipped on champagne with a shot of Chambord in it - and it was FREAKING FANTASTIC. 
Chambord is a French black raspberry liqueur, which when added to champagne will rock your world. Check.It.Out and Drink.It.Up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment