not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, July 3, 2008




A rainy day of surf. photo: Rob Kulisek

I was sitting at work today thinking about GREAT days.
You know those days that happen every once in a while.
They aren't planned, they just...appear?
This was one of those days.

I went to the beach by myself.
Paddled out and stumbled upon some great people, surfed great waves.
Thought I was done, then ran into MORE good people.
Which led to more surfing, more good waves, and lots of laughing.

Refuel with Sharonie (she makes a mean Gin&Tonic, and a delicious grilled cheese)!

A few of us headed back to the beach for an evening sunset session.
We weren't in the water for more than 2 minutes and then the sky poured down on us.
We sought shelter on the beach, in the sand.
Laughing and chatting.

When the skies cleared everyone had left, except for our group.
We surfed perfect, clean waves until the sun went down.

I love great days. The memories of them are what keep me going on...the not-so-great days.


Hope everybody is having a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment