not all who wander are lost.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mini Mick

Mini Mick

Meet Enrico. 22 years old, from Italy. Hasn't been home in over 2 years, and has spent most of that time here in Bali. He went to Australia when he was 19- not knowing a WORD of english- but with the desire to learn the language and learn "surfing". WhEn he arrived to Australia nowhere would hire him because he couldn't speak any English. Eventually he got a job at a stripclub, clearing tables and picking up bottles. Needless to say- he loved the job, the ladies loved him, and he picked up English pretty quickly. He's definitely not the best surfer in the lineup, but I'm pretty sure that he's the most stoked surfer in the water. He and my Mick could be brothers. They look quite similar, have the exact same style-- and so much more. They talk the same, and somehow they even have the same accent. Have the same sense of humor. They both think and process things the same-- they ask me the same questions and even have the same quirks about the foods that they eat. Their mannerisms are identical and their sweet, genuine souls are the same. Their smiles are heartfelt and their innocence makes you feel good from your toes to your fingertips. The first day I met him here at our place (he's staying on Impossibles as well), I said " do you know MICK?". "yeah- I know Mick," he replied, "why? Do YOU know Mick?". For some reason I figured that these two human beings must have crossed paths- and doing the math I figured that they were both in Bali about the same time. Sure enough they knew eachother-- and during their time on Bali they were pretty close friends. I explained to him how I knew Mick and the past few weeks we'd had together. Small world. Small small small world. So now- I have no Mick- but I have Enrico. He is a pleasure, and his raw happiness is contagious. Blog readers: meet Enrico, aka "mini- Mick"! Refreshing, honest, genuine and infinitely stoked.

1 comment: