not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm back home in Oeste and damn, it feels good to be back. Mikey picked us up from San Jose and when Pat and I pulled into Oeste there was a welcoming party waiting for us, as well as a few cold beers and 1/2 pound monster burgers. We were deliriously tired so the party didn't last too long. I stayed with Pat...the poor woman couldn't shake me if she tried!! I bought some food for her fridge and promised to cook her delicious meals as well as some free yoga classes. We get along like 2 peas in a pod, so it's no problem really. Since I've been back I've been trying to catch up with the crew, log some water time, and edit the 3,000 photos that Pat and I took! Well, when we were sitting on her porch today, reminiscing about our great trip and trying to figure out where I'm going to live and work in town, Anne came walking up the stairs with a proposition. Anne is from Canada, but has lived in Costa Rica for years now. She is heading home for the holidays and her house will be empty for the next 5 weeks...and she needed someone to watch the place. SO, for the next month I will be living in an amazing place for $40 (I have to pay the utilities), and now all I need is to find a job! Wohooo, pura vida is in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment