not all who wander are lost.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do....




I think that it's time for Coffee & I to take a break. I know, I know --I never thought that this would be so, but Tea and I have been hitting it off rather well lately, and....it just got me thinking. Maybe I need some time off from Coffee.

Now before everyone starts having a nervous breakdown, because the one sure-tried & true relationship they know is falling apart - DON'T be alarmed. This is just a temporary split. A separation. I think that our distance should help me to build a better and stronger bond with coffee in the end. Lately, I've just not been satisfied with any of it - whether it's iced, americano, espresso or solo cafe con leche. I will say though, that if it presents itself in the Vietnamese form {strong strong strong and served with sweet sweet sweetened condensed milk} that I would be willing to sway from said stance. I don't know how long this break will last -- I'm guessing as long, or as short, as it needs to be. I'm sure that I will still have a cup here and there, but for now, the majority of my mornings will be filled with English Breakfast or Green w/ honey and lemon. What I'm trying to say, is if you stop by my house - there probably won't be a pot perculating, or a bialetti brewing.

Damn, all this talk about coffee makes me kinda sad. Maybe I'll have one cup. Just one. For ol' times sake....

1 comment:

  1. I think you have other relationships that might be stronger than coffee.

    ReplyDelete